- Vision and values
- About Dixons City Academy
- Dixons Academies Trust
- Our staff
- The school day
- Homework timetables
- Examination information
- Family Handbook
- Professional deliberate practice
- Performance tables
- Revision Support
- Google Classroom Instructions for Students
- Online resources for students and staff
- Improvement planning
- Research School
- Canteen Menu and Allergy Information
- Policies and Documents
- The Lord Kalms Bursary
- GDPR & Privacy
Armed with a thorough unbiased understanding of where our schools stand and what has been driving their performance, alongside riding the right trends, we can focus on what it would take to get even better. At Dixons, we start this process by developing a 2-to 5-year master plan which outlines the expected trajectory in 4 simple sequential steps.
Every big move leads to an update of the expected trajectory of the school.
Our 2-to 5-year masterplan
- A fully resourced, sequentially planned knowledge-rich curriculum that is entirely explicit for all students and staff
- Codified and explicit examples of excellence for all areas of performance
- Innovative DCA coaching model to drive relentless improvement (via video analysis)
- Internationally recognised for excellence in staff development (Coaching and CPD model used by / sold to other schools)
This plan is kept at the front and centre of all our strategy sessions and is one that can be adjusted if we change initiatives, priorities, and big moves. Big moves are breakout opportunities that are ‘hard to reverse’. Think of them as the things the next management team will have to take as givens.
Our current big moves
- Ensure that our curriculum is explicitly planned, and lesson resources contain the four chunks of knowledge outlined in SLPs.
- Collaborative Coaching continues to become embedded and launch of coaching for associate staff.
- Codified video examples of all areas of performance.
- Focus on supporting our students, especially our most disadvantaged, to have exceptional focus and attend school every day.
Learn more about our approach to strategic planning on the Dixons OpenSource YouTube channel.