Curriculum / Learning
Dixons City Academy is committed to providing a curriculum that will prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life and meet the aims of the Academy Value Statement.
The aims of our curriculum are to:
- maximise student progress in all areas, regardless of ability, disability, gender or race
- foster successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- encourage confidence in our students so that they are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- ensure that our students become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- ensure that students develop the essential skills for learning, life and employment by incorporating personal, learning and thinking and functional skills into their curriculum offer
- encourage students to develop the skills needed for employment by including opportunities for business challenges and applied learning in real contexts
- ensure students have high aspirations and self-esteem and accept responsibility for their learning
- offer students the opportunity for moral and spiritual reflection in order to promote positive emotional health and confidence.
We do this by offering a curriculum that is personalised, which is broad, balanced and coherent.
Year 8 KS4 Curriculum Choices 2022
For more information about the KS4 Curriculum, Year 8 students can read the KS4 Curriculum and Choices Booklet by following the link at the bottom of this page.
The deadline for students to return their Choices form is the end of the school day on Thursday 31 March.