The Academy is committed to providing a curriculum that will prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life and meet the aims of the Academy Value Statement.
The aims of our curriculum are:
• to maximise student progress in all areas, regardless of ability, disability, gender or race
• to foster successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
• to encourage confidence in our students so that they are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
• to ensure that our students become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
• to equip students with the skills (identified as Dixons skills) needed to participate in the technological, economic, social and cultural life of the country
• to ensure that students develop the essential skills for learning, life and employment by incorporating personal, learning and thinking and functional skills into their curriculum offer
• to encourage students to develop the skills needed for employment by including opportunities for business challenges and applied learning in real contexts
• to ensure students have high aspirations and self-esteem and accept responsibility for their learning
• to offer students the opportunity for moral and spiritual reflection in order to promote positive emotional health and confidence.
We do this by offering a curriculum that is personalised, which is broad, balanced and coherent.
Year 7 Assessment Framework.
Key Stage 3 National Curriculum Levels were abolished by the Department for Education from September 2014. All schools in England are now expected to develop their own model of assessment and publish it for parents. The following link gives an overview of the new Dixons Assessment Framework for year 7.
Year 7 Homework timetable 2016-17
Year 8 Homework timetable 2016-17
Year 9,10 and 11 Homework timetable 2016-17
Key Stage 4 Guided Choices
Key Stage 4 Curriculum & Guided Choices Booklet 2016-19
For more information on any curriclum matter, please contact Vice Principal, Jo Orton at the Academy on 01274 776777